Watch straps– buying guide for spring
Spring is all about fun, relaxing and chilling out. This is the opportune time to enjoy going out for picnics, strolling at parks, going on road trips and other life-giving activities that many did not get a chance to do last winter. What better way to start this great season than to get all your season’s best clothes and accessories ready. When it comes to accessories the most versatile one would have to be men and women’s watches. Watch wearers will look for watch straps and bands suited to their watches.
Anyone would surely agree that it is hard to go wrong with good wristwatches for men and women. Here then are the Top Picks of watch bands for this season.
Watch straps – types of watch strap materials to choose from
There are a lot of different types of men and women’s watch cloth or fabric straps to choose from. Depending on one’s preferences, this strap can be made from silk, cotton, linen, cashmere, and others. The imagination is basically the limit where this type of material is a concern- the most popular choices, however, would be NATO and HULU styles.
Watch straps – NATO straps advantages;
- Can be wash and clean easily
- Comes in different colors and prints
- Comfortable and lightweight, perfect for a lot of the spring activities lined up for you
- Can be very affordable compared with other types of bands in the market
Watch straps – NATO straps – disadvantages:
- Best only for relaxed and casual looks
- Can easily get dirty and stained, like any other fabrics
Watch Straps – ELASTOMERS
This type is more commonly known or called as rubber, silicone or polyurethane. In a nutshell, these are made from elastic materials, which are water-resistant. This type of straps will be a nice complement for all the outdoor activities that you can think of this spring compared with fabric or leather.
Watch straps – 3 Types of Elastomers
- Silicone – the straps made from these come cheaper, the problem though is that they also tend to suffer more from wear-and-tear
- Polyurethane – in layman’s term simply refers to an upgraded version of the silicone- it is better because it does not break easily in comparison
- Rubber- this one can either natural or otherwise. This type of men’s straps is soft as well as durable. Although in comparison, because of the added comfort it sells for a higher price.
Watch straps – Advantages of Elastomers
- Generally durable, lightweight, as well as water-resistant making it a natural choice for outdoor activities’ and sport accessory
- Comfortable and fashionable as it comes in many colors
- Affordable compared to other strap materials
Watch straps – Disadvantages of Elastomers
- May not appear as pleasing as other types of straps like leather, ceramic or metal
- Great only for casual and sporty looks (unless you happen to be James Bond)
Watch Straps – CERAMIC
For those who love unique materials for their watch bracelets, then ceramic might just be what you are looking for. It is not as well-known as other types of materials, like leather, rubber or metal but in recent years have steadily gained attention. The product of high-tech engineering and are made from composites of glass, silicon, graphite, and in some cases (depending on the budget) even diamond.
Watch straps – Advantages of Ceramics
- Looks nice
- Scratch and heat resistant
Watch straps – Disadvantages Ceramics
- Takes longer to adjust the strap (needs tools)
Watch Straps and Bands
Moreover, watch straps and bands should fit your wrist to wear it comfortably. Be aware of its advantages and disadvantages to obtain the best straps in the marketplace. Surely, you’ll be able to grab the perfect watch strap for your timepiece.
You can find the best watch straps and bands on these lists below, check it now!