Watch band – materials, and the durability of watch band
Summer is a season of heat, most likely. During this season, our body most likely produces sweat, since Summer days are usually spent out in the sun (unless you prefer indoors). For example, most of the people usually fancy going to the beach or go on adventures that involve extreme physical activities that can cause our body to perspire.
Watch band – choose breathable watch straps
Even if it isn’t summer, sweating is something pretty much normal to us living beings. So, better find summer watches that have breathable watch straps and materials that are extremely durable and comfortable during the summer season. In this article, you will find ways and guides on how you can take care of your watch and watch straps during summer so that your watch band will look fresh, clean and new.
Watch band – types of watch straps to choose from
Any type of summer watch straps—cloth, leather, or metal can cause the wrist to sweat, resulting in an unpleasant smell in the band. You can also easily deodorize metal watchbands by cleaning them with soap and water or a jewelry cleaner. However, cloth and leather watchbands absorb smells and are more difficult to clean. Then, there is a simple way to remove the odor from a cloth or leather watchband even without wetting the surface.
Watch band cleaning guide
Here is the procedure in a nutshell:
- Sprinkle some baking soda in a small plastic bag. Make sure that the bag has a seal or can easily be sealed with a knot or twist-tie.
- Place the watchband inside the bag and seal the bag, then leave the watchband in the bag overnight. Baking soda is often used when cleaning laundry to neutralize pH levels and remove unwanted smells.
- Remove the watchband from the bag and smell it if better. If the watchband still has an offensive odor, it might need to sit in the bag for another night.
- With cloth watchbands, if the odor is too extreme, throw the band into a washing machine or soak it in warm water and detergent.
- Repeat the first two steps for deodorizing between washings. For extreme-smelling leather watchbands, proceed to this next step:
- Mix together equal amounts of distilled vinegar and linseed oil. Using a lint-free cloth, rub the mixture into the leather, then buff with a clean, dry cloth. This will clean the leather and finally remove the odor. Then, perform the first two steps for deodorizing in between cleanings.
Watch band – make cleaning a habit
This summer, keep your watch straps from forming a stinky smell after a sweaty activity. We tend to sweat a lot, especially because the sun’s heat is raging. You wouldn’t want to wear summer watches for men that are smelly, right? Since this problem can be common, it’s not that hard to deodorize your watch band.
Watch band – enjoy your watch band
A couple of instructions and you’re done. Enjoy the season with an odorless watch band and fear not when you sweat (just not too much). Just follow these summer watch guide then you’ll have an unforgettable summer experience.
Here are a couple of watch bands to choose from. Remember keeping your watch band clean, fresh, and new, maintenance is a must. Make it a habit to clean your watch every after use.