|Features||Waterproof, Fitness Tracking|
|Battery||Upto 4 Days battery life|
|Design||Rectangular, Flat Dial Design|
|Display||1.4 Inch (3.56 cm) Display|
|Screen Protection||Yes Corning Gorilla Glass, v3|
|Screen Size||1.4 Inch|
|Screen Resolution||348 x 250 pixels|
|Pixel Density Sharpness||306 ppi|
|Internal Memory||2.5 GB|
|Compatible Os||Android v4.4, iOS|
|Wirless Protocol||Yes Wi-Fi 802.11, b/g/n|
|Navigation||Yes Points of interest (POI), Turn-by-turn navigation, Voice navigation|
The Fitbit ionic is especially suitable for fitness enthusiasts who are looking for a stylish fitness watch for everyday life and sports and want to be as independent of the smartphone as possible. With the support of various sports profiles, integrated GPS and heart rate measurement on the wrist, it is very versatile. Smart functions, local memory for music and good battery life around offf the Fitbit Ionic.
The Case and wristband of Fitbit Ionic
In general, the Fitbit Ionic is well processed, this applies to the unibody case and display as well as to the wristband, which is interchangeable. The manufacturer advertises strong and lightweight 6000 series of aluminum in aircraft industry quality with regard to the housing frame. Fitbit Ionic standard version with aluminum case and silicone band here. The materials used make the wearer feel comfortable.
Size, weight, and suitability
The Fitbit Ionic feels light overall and is hardly noticeable when worn. Fitbit Ionic weighs only 47 grams, including the band or sports band. Compared to other Smartwatches, it is significantly flatter and lighter. Therefore, it can be worn all day long, but also while sleeping. A long-lasting battery, which lasts about 5 days depending on the use, ensures that all functions can be used for several days without having to recharge at short intervals. For instance, daytime and sleep trends can be observed over several days without gaps. In comparison to Apple Watch 3 runs about 2 to 3 days at a time, the Garmin Vivoactive 3 lasts a little linger, about 6 to 7 days.
The Fitbit Ionic leaves a futuristic impression on the wrist and is slightly larger than the Apple Watch 3 and Garmin Vivoactive 3. The Fitbit Ionic appearance is striking and usually attracts curious glances.
The Display on Fitbit Ionic
The Fitbit Ionic’s color LCD display, equipped with Corning Gorilla Glass 3, is easy to read and comparable to the display of an Apple Watch 3. It is normally completely switched off and is only activated when the arms move or touch the display or keypad. the behavior can also be adjusted in the settings.
The new and improved features that you get from Fitbit Ionic
The high-tech Smartwatch is packed with new technology, much more than any other Fitbit Tracker. It combines all the features Fitbit has built into a tracker but adds new technology to its case. All these innovations mean that the smartphone can stay completely at home during the sport. This applies to music lovers as well as GPS fans.
Here is the list of new and improved features you get from Fitbit Ionic:
- Integrated GPS – records speed, distance, and route in 1-second intervals during the workout.
- Waterproof up to 50 meters – Finally a Fitbit tracker suitable for swimming. Most other Fitbit trackers, except for Flex 2 are only splash-proof.
- New swim training mode – Fitbit Ionic displays real-time lap times, training duration and calories burned in the pool and open sea.
- MEMS 3-axis accelerometer – detects motion patterns
- 2.5 GB local memory for music
- Altimeter – measures altitude differences.
- Newly developed optical heart rate monitor. – Fitbit Ionic will work with a further improved PurePulse heart rate technology in order to be able to measure the burned calories even more accurately during intensive training such as cycling, weight lifting or on the cross-trainer.
- Bluetooth 4.0 – connecting your smartphone and headphones
- Digital compass, vibration motor, ambient light sensor, temperature sensor
- Platform/Support for third-party apps
- Bew guided training programs
- New health and audio coaching programs
- SpO2 sensor technology
For a price around about $300, this is very nice smartwatch for the money. It is not the best smartwatch on the market but it is definitely a great smartwatch that provides all the criteria of a premium smartwatch. This model is in very close competition with Garmin Vivoactive 3. Fitbit Ionic smartwatch features are ahead of Garmin Vivoactive 3, but alternatively, the Garmin Vivoactive 3 did a much better hob on Fitness activities than the Fitbit Ionic.
If you are thinking about getting the Fitbit Ionic as your first smartwatch, you are making a really good choice. The interface is pretty intuitive and you can be sure to have a longer-lasting battery. Although, we are still hoping that the Fitbit Ionic will update new apps and improving their Fitbit coach system.
- Reliable built-in heart rate
- GPS Sensor
- A comprehensive overview of your workouts
- Crystal clear and sharp LCD screen
- 5-days battery life
- Interchangeable straps
- Not all apps can be installed on Fitbit Ionic
- Calling and replying using Ionic is not possible
- Paying via NFC chip cannot yet be done in Netherlands
- No virtual assistant